USA Triathlon Certified Coach
USA Swimming Coach
NASM Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Power Yoga Instructor
24-hour Cancellation Policy
In the event you must cancel an appointment, every effort will be made to reschedule you as soon as possible. Please cancel via text or email.
A cancellation with less than 24 hours notice, written or otherwise, will result in a charge equal to the amount of the scheduled appointment. This is an industry standard. I appreciate your understanding!
Health coaching knows no boundaries, and Meridians & Marathons has a worldwide client base. Meridians & Marathons trains via personal consults and monthly training plans. For fitness plans, Meridians & Marathons utilizes Training Peaks online software to deliver the best online coaching experience possible. Through this software, you will be able to access and track your daily workouts, diet, and progress.
Health Coaching Services
Customized training blocks are developed every week. A phone consultation and unlimited email access with Dr. Sandy Ziya is also included.
Benefit from some dedicated, personal training from Dr. Sandy Ziya. Each 1:1 session lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Purchase a six-pack of private coaching sessions and save 10% off the total. All six-packs must be used within six calendar months of the date of purchase and paid in advance. No refunds on unused services. Travel time, expenses and use of facilities/entry fees will also be calculated into the costs.
- Swim Instruction/Video Analysis: Learn how to save time from swimming endless meters without any improvement. Get immediate critique of inefficiencies. Learn strategies from an experienced coach who has helped dozens of athletes of all ages to improve swim times, stroke, all while staying injury free. You will get drills to improve (and yes, anyone can improve) instead of a mindless list of various distances and paces to swim.
- Run Efficiency Analysis: From observation and shared video analysis, learn about your running style and how attention to form can make a difference. To save energy and improve form will allow more running, longer runs, and more years of running overall. Make an investment in your running by making shifts toward running economy before injury strikes. Shoe analysis will also be discussed. Of the three sports, this is the one everyone assumes they can get by on their own UNTIL stymied by injury. Engage before that happens, and let's clean up that run for a better overall running experience!
- Bike Analysis: This starts with a recommendation for a good bike fit-- from that we work on developing areas of weakness to make the athlete stronger and more efficient in the saddle. Without simply overspending on gear at the bike shop, we examine core, leg alignment and cervical spine strength. We will then provide the athlete with drills/stretches to focus on those elements. Aerodynamics comes with proper alignment AND gear!
- Video Analysis: Form and technique advice offered via visual feedback. Available for swimming, biking, and running. This is helpful for gauging improvement. The video clip stays with athlete for learning purposes.
- Open Water Swim Session: Provide side-by-side instruction in a non-pool environment. Pacing, swimming form and race strategies unique to open water are offered here which make an essential difference on race day!
- Track Consultation: One-on-one coaching for form, effort,technique etc. on the track outdoors.Targeted to improve form AND/or speed training. Threshold assessment takes place here as well.
Flexibility is incredibly important to the athlete, and it may be harder to achieve when done in a group setting. Get one-on-one time with Coach Sandy who can explain yogic concepts and postures as they apply to you and your body, your lifestyle, and your experience.
Provide advice on general eating and fueling strategies. Suggest tested ergogenic aids, hydration strategies, tapering/prerace loading, race fueling, etc. Discuss eating out vs. eating in, share recipe ideas and sources for products, staples and tools in the kitchen. Introduction to alternative eating styles (paleo, vegetarian, vegan, etc.).
Speaking engagements for any size group on topics such as: Functional Medicine, Diet, General Fitness, and more! Targeted audiences of adults or youth in school, corporate or small group settings.
Sandy Ziya is experienced in the planning, execution and oversight (“production”) of your event.