photo credit: Joovv.com
What is a Joovv?
A Joovv is a red and infrared light therapy device that delivers concentrated wavelengths of natural light to your skin and cells, without dangerous UV rays or excess heat. All you have to do is sit or stand near a device for 10-15 minutes a day to charge your cells.
What is red light therapy?
Red light therapy is a therapeutic technique that uses red, low-level wavelengths of light. When exposed to red light therapy, the body produces a biochemical effect that boosts the amount of energy stored in cells. This helps cells to function more efficiently and repair damage.
Red light therapy has been studied and tested across hundreds of peer-reviewed clinical trials, with overwhelmingly positive results for skin health, collagen production, physical performance & muscle recovery, sleep, joint pain, inflammation, and a lot more. And that’s without drugs, chemicals, UV rays, invasive procedures, or other common side effects.
How does red light therapy work?
All living things need to make ATP cellular energy to function and survive, and nearly all living things rely on natural light to power this process in our cells every day. Red and near infrared wavelengths of natural light stimulate the mitochondria in your cells, the powerhouses responsible for taking light, oxygen, and the food we eat—and turning it into usable energy for our bodies through the process of cellular respiration.
In addition to making more ATP energy and performing at higher levels, here are some of the other basic principles of red light therapy:
- Antioxidants Reduce Oxidative Stress: Natural red and near infrared light helps promote antioxidant production, which plays a central role in reducing the oxidative stress associated with cell injury and things like muscle fatigue and joint pain and inflammation. Antioxidants also increase the production of heat proteins—special enzymes that help protect cells from stress and early death.
- Increased Circulation: Studies have also identified an increase in circulation following red light therapy, indicating tissues are receiving more oxygen and other nutrients important for healing—while also ridding themselves of toxic byproducts.
Are there any side effects of red light therapy?
No. Red light therapy is safe, natural, noninvasive and drug free. Most importantly, it is cleared by the FDA. Unlike many other lasers used on the skin (such as an IPL, or intense pulse light) that cause damage to induce tissue repair, red light therapy causes zero damage to the skin.
Proven benefits of light therapy
- Increased collagen production
- Reduced joint pain and inflammation
- Improved sleep
- Improved cognitive function
- Enhanced weight loss
- Faster muscle recovery
- Better physical performance
- Improved sexual libido
Ready to try it?
Come check it out at Meridians and Marathons for introductory price of $30 for your first 20-minute visit. After you try it and love it (we know you will!), you can buy:
A package of three 20-minute sessions for $99
A monthly membership which consists of up to three 20-minute sessions a week for $350/month. You will be automatically charged monthly, with a 12-month minimum commitment. Sessions must be used during the month for which they are paid, with no roll-overs.
This introductory offer of one session for $30 is ONLY good until January 31, 2020. Don't miss out!
Contact Dr. Ziya to get started!
This does not constitute medical advice in any way, if you have questions about your personal health situation contact Dr. Ziya OR other licensed medical provider.